Give your kids a treat in the holidays or at a weekend, doing fun art and craft activities.
The benefits for your children:
1. Crafting almost always provides a stable foundation for future learning.
2. One of the most important aspects of learning to craft is the self-esteem boost. To give your child the chance to sew, knit or draw for instance, is to teach them to create. It is about showing them they are in control of their environment. Holding a familiar tool in their tiny hand will build a great deal of confidence.
3. Through crafts children can learn self-regulation. Projects that require drying, require also waiting. What is cool though, is that waiting will be worth it and your kids will be satisfied with the end result of all their efforts.
5. Crafts teach flexibility. Opposite to maths, there is no wrong way to approach crafts. They teach children that there is more than one way to utilize their creativity and talents and there are always more than one right answers. Isn't it the same in life?
6. Crafts promote bilateral coordination. This means that they use both their hands, which will be useful later in life when they learn how to tie their shoes, or other more handy tasks.
7. Creating something together with others will definitely improve your child's relationship/social skills and will create memories for a lifetime. Arts also build community.
8. Arts and crafts are a great platform for self-expression. Just like all of us, kids need to express themselves and as they grow their identity will be more in need of manifestation. Through arts and crafts they will be able to communicate it visually in a very healthy way.
9. Your child will practice problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, while encountering with different challenges and projects. Solving these will teach resourcefulness.
10. Increasing your child’s exposure to creative endeavours will help raise your child’s IQ.
The benefits for you:
A bit of 'Me Time'!